McPherson Concrete CompaniesCDL Class A Driver
- Company: Wichita Concrete Pipe, Inc.
- Location: 221 West 37th Street North | Wichita, KS 67204
- Status: Full-Time
Headquartered in McPherson, Kansas, McPherson Concrete Companies are comprised of Wichita Concrete Pipe, Inc., McPherson Concrete Products, Inc. and McPherson Concrete Storage Systems, Inc. As a unified operation, we are a leading provider of concrete pipe and precast products, concrete storage systems, and ready-mix concrete throughout the Midwest.
The primary responsibilities of the CDL Truck Driver are to operate a tractor-trailer combination or a truck to transport and deliver pipe and precast products to our customers.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers and other employees while acting professionally;
- Assist customers with inquiries and information requests while resolving any complaints from customers;
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical safety and emergency equipment are in good working order;
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil, fuel, or radiator fluid or performing minor repairs;
- Couple or uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions, connecting or disconnecting air or electrical line, or manipulating fifth-wheel locks;
- Secure cargo for transport using blocks, chains, binders, or any other necessary equipment or devices;
- Remove concrete debris from loaded and unloaded trailers;
- Maneuver trucks and trailers into loading and unloading positions;
- Maintain a log of working hours and vehicle services or repair status following applicable state and federal regulations;
- Maintain daily driver reports as required by DOT and company regulations;
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate;
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect payment for services when required;
- Assist and communicate with the Transportation Manager about any problems or concerns that may arise;
- Any other tasks as assigned by management
- Must possess a valid CDL Class A license with proper endorsements;
- Must have valid DOT medical cards;
- Must be able to calculate basic figures and amounts;
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited time exists;
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form;
- Must work with a sense of autonomy;
- No DWI/DUI convictions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, or crawl;
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. to a height of four to five feet and load or unload the truck;
- Willing to travel on busy and congested roads and highways as well as county/country unpaved roads;
- Willing to be subjected to noise, vibrations, dust, heat and cold;
- Willing to drive in all sorts of weather and to drive tractors with or without air conditioning;
- Exposure to outside weather conditions;
- Limited exposure to hazardous chemicals.