McPherson Concrete Companies has been nationally recognized for safety procedures and precautions. View our most recent awards and find out how we ensure the safety of our team today!Learn More
CDL Class A Driver
McPherson Concrete CompaniesCDL Class A Driver
- Company: Wichita Concrete Pipe, Inc.
- Location: 221 West 37th Street North | Wichita, KS 67204
- Status: Full-Time
Headquartered in McPherson, Kansas, McPherson Concrete Companies are comprised of Wichita Concrete Pipe, Inc., McPherson Concrete Products, Inc. and McPherson Concrete Storage Systems, Inc. As a unified operation, we are a leading provider of concrete pipe and precast products, concrete storage systems, and ready-mix concrete throughout the Midwest.
The primary responsibilities of the CDL Truck Driver are to operate a tractor-trailer combination or a truck to transport and deliver pipe and precast products to our customers.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers and other employees while acting professionally;
- Assist customers with inquiries and information requests while resolving any complaints from customers;
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical safety and emergency equipment are in good working order;
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil, fuel, or radiator fluid or performing minor repairs;
- Couple or uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions, connecting or disconnecting air or electrical line, or manipulating fifth-wheel locks;
- Secure cargo for transport using blocks, chains, binders, or any other necessary equipment or devices;
- Remove concrete debris from loaded and unloaded trailers;
- Maneuver trucks and trailers into loading and unloading positions;
- Maintain a log of working hours and vehicle services or repair status following applicable state and federal regulations;
- Maintain daily driver reports as required by DOT and company regulations;
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate;
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect payment for services when required;
- Assist and communicate with the Transportation Manager about any problems or concerns that may arise;
- Any other tasks as assigned by management
- Must possess a valid CDL Class A license with proper endorsements;
- Must have valid DOT medical cards;
- Must be able to calculate basic figures and amounts;
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited time exists;
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form;
- Must work with a sense of autonomy;
- No DWI/DUI convictions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, or crawl;
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. to a height of four to five feet and load or unload the truck;
- Willing to travel on busy and congested roads and highways as well as county/country unpaved roads;
- Willing to be subjected to noise, vibrations, dust, heat and cold;
- Willing to drive in all sorts of weather and to drive tractors with or without air conditioning;
- Exposure to outside weather conditions;
- Limited exposure to hazardous chemicals.
Culture and Opportunities
- We believe it is our responsibility to create a culture where our team members feel appreciated, rewarded and are provided an opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
- Our employees benefit from two training days a year (with lunch provided) where they can participate in a variety of topics ranging from safety and quality to personal health.
- We host regular team-building events, such as ax throwing, pickleball and more.
- Our team strives to promote internally, enabling our team members to grow their careers.
- Insurance (Health, Dental, Life, Short Term Disability)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Holiday Pay
- 401K Retirement Program