McPherson Concrete Companies has been nationally recognized for safety procedures and precautions. View our most recent awards and find out how we ensure the safety of our team today!Learn More
McPherson Concrete CompaniesConcrete Finisher
- Company: McPherson Concrete Storage Systems, Inc
- Location: 300 N Hwy 81 Bypass | McPherson, KS 67460
- Status: Temporary Full-Time
McPherson Concrete Storage Systems, Inc. is seeking 20 temporary full-time Concrete Finishers to work at 700 Union Street, Republic County, Courtland, KS 66939, from 04/01/2023 to 12/31/2023 to prepare a construction site where concrete will be poured. They will be required to set and align forms that hold concrete, spread, level, and smooth concrete using rakes, shovels, or hand tools, tear down concrete forms, and clean up the construction site.
- Must be able to lift and carry 75 lbs. for 50 yards.
- Must be able to handle temperature extremes.
- Some weekend work is required.
- No prior education is required.
- A minimum of three (3) months of experience in concrete finishing is required.
- Will travel to worksites within the area of intended employment.
On-the-job training will be provided.
Daily transportation to and from the worksite will be provided.
$20.47/hr, approximately 40 hours/week,
Hours: Monday-Friday—6 am-6 pm
Applicants may be offered higher than the advertised.
The wage rate may vary on experience and/or merit.
$30.71/hr will be paid for overtime. Up to 25 hours of overtime may be available but not guaranteed. All deductions from the worker’s paycheck will be made as required by law. The employer will use a single workweek as its standard for computing wages and pay bi-weekly by check.
Employees who elect to live in the housing will have $375 deducted bi-weekly. Any advances
will be deducted with the consent of the employee. In the first workweek, the cost of transportation (including meals and, to the extent necessary, lodging) to the place of employment will be directly reimbursed to every worker. If the worker completes 50 percent of the work contract period, the employer will reimburse the worker for transportation and subsistence from the place of recruitment to the place of work.
Upon completion of the work contract or where the worker is dismissed earlier, the employer will provide or pay for the worker’s reasonable costs of return transportation and subsistence back home or to the place the worker originally departed to work, except where the worker will not return due to subsequent employment with another employer or where the employer appropriately reported a worker’s voluntary abandonment of employment. The amount of transportation payment or reimbursement will be equal to the most economical and reasonable common carrier for the distances involved.
In the first workweek, daily subsistence for travel to the place of employment will be reimbursed at a rate of at least $14/day to a maximum of $59/day with receipts. Also, workers will be reimbursed in the first workweek for all visas, visa processing, border crossing, and other related fees, including those mandated by the government (except passport fees). The employer will provide workers at no charge with all tools, supplies, and equipment required to perform the job.
To apply, contact our office at (620) 241-4362, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the nearest Hastings Workforce Development Affiliate Center at 2727 West 2nd Street Suite 338, Landmark Center Hastings, NE 68901-4663, Phone: 402-462-1867 Email: email@example.com
Culture and Opportunities
- We believe it is our responsibility to create a culture where our team members feel appreciated, rewarded and are provided an opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
- Our employees benefit from two training days a year (with lunch provided) where they can participate in a variety of topics ranging from safety and quality to personal health.
- We host regular team-building events, such as ax throwing, pickleball and more.
- Our team strives to promote internally, enabling our team members to grow their careers.
- Insurance (Health, Dental, Life, Short Term Disability)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Holiday Pay
- 401K Retirement Program