McPherson Concrete Companies has been nationally recognized for safety procedures and precautions. View our most recent awards and find out how we ensure the safety of our team today!Learn More
Field Engineer (MCSS)
McPherson Concrete CompaniesField Engineer (MCSS)
- Company: McPherson Concrete Storage System
- Location: 300 N. Hwy. 81 Bypass | McPherson, KS 67460
- Status: Full-Time
The job of the Field Engineer is to assist in supervising field employees and to ensure quality of workmanship. The Field Engineer is a function of the MCSS Division.
The Field Engineer reports directly to the Construction Manager.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Specifically, responsibilities associated with this position will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Able to read and understand construction drawings, thus ensure reinforcement, and embeds installed per construction drawings.
- Identify field construction conflicts vs. designed drawing details.
- Establish liaises with outside vendors to make sure all materials needed for any given project, are available at the right time, and comply with project specifications.
- Secure and understand detailed drawings, in accordance with customers’ projects, to provide all departments and crews with accurate information for all construction projects.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans.
- Coordinate efforts by all management disciplines at the construction level to ensure safety and quality standards are adhered to.
- Assist in enforcing project specific Health and Safety Plan measures on each project in conjunction with the Safety Manager.
- Increase knowledge of company services by attending various educational courses and programs as deemed necessary by management.
- Monitor activities of all subcontractors engaged in dirt work, piling, footings, floors, tunnels, stem walls and any other construction event considered part of foundation or groundwork to ensure compliance with specifications and procedures.
- Supervise crane work with wall crews.
- Generate and update documentation of project reports and files.
- Ensure, in conjunction with departmental staff, all safety standards are adhered to.
- Initiate and maintain a healthy relationship with customers, millwrights, vendors, and subcontractors before, during and after the construction phase.
- Investigate damage, accidents, quality concerns, or delays at construction sites, to ensure proper procedures or solutions are addressed and communicated with management staff.
- Any other tasks as assigned by Senior Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications.
- Positive Attitude.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and AutoCAD.
- Ability to secure Class A CDL driver’s license.
- Ability to secure ACI Field Testing Technician Certification.
- Desire to advance qualifications in safety and quality compliance standards.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to handle up to 100 lbs. on occasion.
- Ability to work in confined spaces and on platforms at various heights.
- Ability to climb and descend ladders.
- Ability to squat, bend over, and kneel for extended periods of time.
- Exposure to outside weather conditions.
- Limited exposure to hazardous chemicals.
This is not a typical 8am-5pm position. Much autonomy will be given to this position to fulfill the job and jobsite requirements. Hours will vary depending on the construction schedule, workload, available personnel, and location of jobsites. Long hours of travel and overnight stays will be required. Occasionally, stays will exceed one week or more and require weekend work.
REQUIRED PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Hard hat, Safety Glasses, Safety/Steel Toe Footwear
- Ear and Fall Protection (where required).
- Any other protective equipment deemed as necessary by Company safety policy/procedure.
I acknowledge that I have read the Job Description and I understand what is expected of me. The Company reserves the right to change or reassign job duties or to combine positions at any time.
I also understand that I am an at-will employee, and this Job Description does not constitute a contract of employment.
Culture and Opportunities
- We believe it is our responsibility to create a culture where our team members feel appreciated, rewarded and are provided an opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
- Our employees benefit from two training days a year (with lunch provided) where they can participate in a variety of topics ranging from safety and quality to personal health.
- We host regular team-building events, such as ax throwing, pickleball and more.
- Our team strives to promote internally, enabling our team members to grow their careers.
- Insurance (Health, Dental, Life, Short Term Disability)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Holiday Pay
- 401K Retirement Program