McPherson Concrete Companies has been nationally recognized for safety procedures and precautions. View our most recent awards and find out how we ensure the safety of our team today!Learn More
Inside Sales Position
McPherson Concrete CompaniesInside Sales Position
- Company: Wichita Concrete Pipe, Inc.
- Location: 221 West 37th Street North | Wichita, KS 67204
- Status: Full-Time
To help facilitate the overall sales plan of the WCP Sales Team. The person should be personable, well organized and detail oriented. They will be required to interact with customers on a daily basis and must be able to communicate clear concise details. They will need to develop a working knowledge of production procedures, production scheduling, product costs and delivery.
- The Inside Sales Person will be responsible for answering the phone and disseminating customer information to our customers as required.
- The Inside Sales Person will be able to do a take-off of our products from a set of engineering plans and prepare an accurate, clear, concise quote for all applicable products and distribute the quote to all potential customers.
- The Inside Sales Person will follow up the distribution of the quote before, during and after the bid date gathering as much information as possible leading to the successful completion of the quote.
- The Inside Sales Person will track all unsuccessful quotes to determine the reason the customer chose not to purchase from MCP/WCP.
- The Inside Sales Person will help maintain a sales log including a breakdown of all products bid, products sold, pricing, low contractor, low supplier if not us and why.
- The Inside Sales Person will help initiate a sales order and job file for all successful quotes including but not limited to customer name, tentative delivery date, tax status, submittal requirements and any special purchased items required with pricing.
- The Inside Sales person will act as a liaison between the customer and WCP/MCP personnel to ensure the order is moving along in an efficient manner meeting the customer’s expectations.
- The Inside Sales Person may be required to trouble shoot any technical issue that may arise between the MCP/WCP, the customer and/or the engineer.
- The Inside Sales Person will be responsible for establishing business relationships between MCP/WCP and its customers in a mutually beneficial manner in which the customer, MCP/WCP and the customer’s representative all garner success.
- The Inside Sales Person will be responsible for some production reporting and inventory control of both finished product and purchased products.
- The Inside Sales Person will need to be proficient enough in Microsoft Dynamics in order to enter sales orders and print pick and delivery tickets.
- The inside Sales Person will need to be knowledgeable in Manhole Pro software to aid in the takeoff and preparations of submittal drawings.
- The Inside Sales Person will act as the backup dispatcher and will be versed in the correct delivery procedures for MCP/WCP Products.
- An advanced degree is preferred but not essential.
- Previous Sales Experience preferred but not essential.
- Answer phones fielding miscellaneous sales calls including but not limited to:
- Price Requests
- Quote Requests
- Job Production/Submittal status
- Take-Off information from plan drawings and customer information to prepare formal MCP/WCP quote for the project.
- Requisition pricing for miscellaneous hardware and resale items to include in WCP/MCP proposal
- Prepare and submit formal quotes for consideration to customers
- Attend sales/production meetings as required.
- Aid other sales associates in miscellaneous tasks.
Culture and Opportunities
- We believe it is our responsibility to create a culture where our team members feel appreciated, rewarded and are provided an opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
- Our employees benefit from two training days a year (with lunch provided) where they can participate in a variety of topics ranging from safety and quality to personal health.
- We host regular team-building events, such as ax throwing, pickleball and more.
- Our team strives to promote internally, enabling our team members to grow their careers.
- Insurance (Health, Dental, Life, Short Term Disability)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Holiday Pay
- 401K Retirement Program