McPherson Concrete Companies has been nationally recognized for safety procedures and precautions. View our most recent awards and find out how we ensure the safety of our team today!Learn More
Outside Sales / Customer Service Representative
McPherson Concrete CompaniesOutside Sales / Customer Service Representative
- Company: Wichita Concrete Pipe, Inc.
- Location: 221 West 37th Street North | Wichita, KS 67204
- Status: Full-Time
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining current customer relationships, identifying and building new customer relationships, identifying sales opportunities, producing quotes, and managing orders. This person will report directly to the Wichita General Manager.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Specifically, responsibilities associated with this position will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Establish oneself in the construction and specifying community by attending, joining, and participating in professional organizations such as the AGC, DBIA, etc.
- Contact engineers, contractors, and specifiers to solicit potential product opportunities during the planning, design, and construction stage of projects.
- Promote McPherson Concrete Companies’ ability to provide precast design solutions including sealed designs and calculations for more efficient, cost-effective solutions to poured in place applications.
- Represent McPherson Concrete Companies in trade and promotional associations such as the MKCPA, ACPA, NPCA and PCI.
- Aid in the development, maintenance, and revisions to the MCC website and social digital marketing campaign.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Research and find sales leads for our standard products by reviewing publications, plan rooms and visiting with owners, contractors, engineers, and architects.
- Externally call on and entertain existing customers to establish, build and maintain strong business relationships.
- Cold call contractors and specifiers to establish and build new relationships.
- Work with internal Engineering and Production Teams to provide Sales and Technical Support to customers.
- Complete take-offs from plan drawings and specifications to prepare accurate, clear, concise proposals for all applicable products and distribute the proposals to potential customers.
- Follow up the distribution of proposals before, during and after the bid date until successfully completing the sale or a final determination otherwise.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES CONT’D
- Follow up with key customer personnel on successful proposals to troubleshoot potential challenges.
- Act as the liaison between the customer and our Engineering, Production, and Logistic teams from the start to the successful completion of a project.
- Track all unsuccessful proposals to determine reason(s) why an alternative was chosen.
- Aid in the research and preparation of projected annual sales to be used in the budgeting process.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required
- Minimum 3-5 years outside sales experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office/ Windows and must acquire a working knowledge of the Titan Precast Management Software.
- Ability to work in a team environment establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees and business associates.
- An understanding of materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings, bridges, roads, pipelines, and other related structures.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings.
- Ability to identify and solve complex problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be both creative and analytical.
- Extremely detail-oriented and accurate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to travel including overnight to shows, seminars, and job sites.
- Must be able to access and navigate job sites and construction areas
I acknowledge that I have read the Job Description and I understand what is expected of me. The Company reserves the right to change or reassign job duties or to combine positions at any time.
I also understand that I am an at-will employee, and this Job Description does not constitute a contract of employment.
Culture and Opportunities
- We believe it is our responsibility to create a culture where our team members feel appreciated, rewarded and are provided an opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
- Our employees benefit from two training days a year (with lunch provided) where they can participate in a variety of topics ranging from safety and quality to personal health.
- We host regular team-building events, such as ax throwing, pickleball and more.
- Our team strives to promote internally, enabling our team members to grow their careers.
- Insurance (Health, Dental, Life, Short Term Disability)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Holiday Pay
- 401K Retirement Program