McPherson Concrete Companies has been nationally recognized for safety procedures and precautions. View our most recent awards and find out how we ensure the safety of our team today!Learn More
Technical Sales Engineer
McPherson Concrete CompaniesTechnical Sales Engineer
- Company: McPherson Concrete Storage Systems, Inc
- Location: 300 N Hwy 81 Bypass | McPherson, KS 67460
- Status: Full-Time
The primary responsibility of the Technical Sales Engineer is to promote all McPherson Concrete Companies precast product lines and be a technical resource to specifying agencies including but not limited to Federal, State, and Municipal authorities, contractors, and consulting engineers. In addition, the position will be responsible for directly marketing, quoting, and procuring projects within the precast/prestressed product line. The position will report directly to the Wichita Concrete Pipe General Manager.
Specifically, responsibilities associated with this position will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Learn the fundamentals of design for all precast products manufactured by McPherson Concrete Companies through internal training and by attending industry conferences, seminars, and workshops.
- Establish oneself in the engineering and specifying community by attending, joining, and participating in professional organizations.
- Work with engineers and specifiers to instruct them in the proper design and specification of McPherson Concrete Companies products and promote their benefits over alternative products.
- Contact engineers, contractors, and specifiers to solicit potential product opportunities during the planning, design, and construction stage of projects.
- Promote McPherson Concrete Companies’ ability to provide precast design solutions including sealed designs and calculations for more efficient, cost-effective solutions to poured in place applications.
- Represent McPherson Concrete Companies in trade and promotional associations such as the MKCPA, ACPA, NPCA and PCI.
- Provide technical presentations (that offer PDH opportunities) and attend trade shows within the engineering community promoting the use of McPherson Concrete Companies’ products.
- Aid in the development, maintenance, and revisions to the MCC website and social media marketing campaign.
- Aid in the design and promotion of McPherson Concrete Companies’ Ready Mix capabilities and troubleshoot potential mix design challenges.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Research and find sales leads for our prestressed/precast products by reviewing publications, plan rooms and visiting with owners, contractors, engineers, and architects.
- Work with our engineering team to complete take-offs from architectural/structural plan drawings to prepare accurate, clear, concise proposals for all applicable products and distribute the proposals to potential customers.
- Follow up the distribution of proposals before, during and after the bid date until successfully completing the sale or a final determination otherwise.
- Follow up with key customer personnel on successful proposals to troubleshoot potential challenges.
- Act as the liaison between the customer and our Engineering and Logistic teams from the start to the successful conclusion of a project.
- Track all unsuccessful proposals to determine reason(s) why an alternative was chosen.
- Develop personal relationships with existing and potential customers in a mutually beneficial way so that the customer, MCC, and the customer’s representative all garner success.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required, Civil discipline preferred.
- Licensure as professional engineer (PE) preferred but not essential.
- Thorough understanding of civil engineering principles, practices, and tools.
- Proficient in computer-assisted design (CAD) and other design, data recording, and analyzation software.
- Thorough understanding of materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings, bridges, roads, pipelines, and other related structures.
- Thorough understanding of safety regulations related to assigned projects.
- Ability to identify and solve complex problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be both creative and analytical.
- Extremely detail-oriented and accurate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to travel including overnight to shows, seminars, and job sites.
- Must be able to access and navigate job sites and construction areas
I acknowledge that I have read the Job Description and I understand what is expected of me. The Company reserves the right to change or reassign job duties or to combine positions at any time.
I also understand that I am an at-will employee, and this Job Description does not constitute a contract of employment.
Culture and Opportunities
- We believe it is our responsibility to create a culture where our team members feel appreciated, rewarded and are provided an opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
- Our employees benefit from two training days a year (with lunch provided) where they can participate in a variety of topics ranging from safety and quality to personal health.
- We host regular team-building events, such as ax throwing, pickleball and more.
- Our team strives to promote internally, enabling our team members to grow their careers.
- Insurance (Health, Dental, Life, Short Term Disability)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
- Holiday Pay
- 401K Retirement Program